Search This Blog

Monday, September 11, 2017

Homework #3

          























What is it? Publication. They are from the book Specimen of Printing Types, by William Caslon.

Function: During the time of the creation of the book, in 1786, it was used to show others his various fonts and ornamental designs.


Where did you see it?
I saw these book pages on our field trip at The Rare Book Library. 


Quality: The type and artwork are so cleanly displayed. Caslon was very consistent in their work. He paid attention to precision and detail when creating his books. 


What is the style of design and typography? Victorian


What attracted me to this piece? From the moment I saw this book, I was intrigued by the intricate work of William Caslon. He used so many techniques on these two pages alone, it was hard for me to not take interest in his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment